Ecommerce Web/Graphic Designer
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and successful web / graphic designer to be responsible for delivering high quality web design and graphical components to support the Delivery and Product teams with projects and product developments across Sellerdeck’s platforms.
Sellerdeck is an ecommerce solutions business celebrating its 25th anniversary this year, with a fascinating history and exciting future. We deliver sophisticated ecommerce solutions to a wide range of businesses, with a well-established base of over 700 customers, transacting in excess of £200 million per year.
You will be joining a tight knit team, passionate about our customers, ecommerce, success and excellence. You will need to be flexible and proactive and to take ownership and personal responsibility for success.
Sellerdeck’s eCommerce solution is platform agnostic, currently three platforms are deployed: Sellerdeck Desktop, Magento, and WooCommerce.
Each platform requires high quality design of graphics, images, logos and fonts, in line with the project or product requirements.
The role will report to the [Senior Project Manager OR Operations Director] and will be matrix managed by project.
The role will require working closely with project managers, developers and customers and you must be comfortable with direct communication involving customers, who are often non-technical.
Designs are typically produced through a collaboration with the customer (or product manager) and project team, these can take the form of ‘wire frames’ or mock-ups, but can also be protypes in the target platform. The designs are presented and agreed by the customer before being produced to the required formats and standards for implementation by the team. There are as many times when the design is rigidly set by the client as we are given a free hand based on thoughts, emotions and examples.
Skills and Experience
- A proven track record of web design including eCommerce and eCommerce systems,
- Ideally, candidates will have a relevant degree / qualification in Graphic and/or Web Design,
- Prior agency / studio and commercial experience preferred,
- A real passion for design and creating a great user experience,
- Excellent communication and presentation skills,
- Meticulous attention to detail, self-motivated, comfortable working on your own and as part of the team.
- Proactive and able to take full ownership of the design, user interface and user experience,
- Experience of WordPress, WooCommerce and Magento preferred
- Comfortable working on multiple projects concurrently,
- Demonstrable portfolio of relevant work,
- Fluent English; spoken and written.